Educational Approach and Philosophy
KLA Schools is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach to early childhood education which emphasizes hands on discovery learning. Our schools set the stage for children to use their senses as developmental domains to learn, while also valuing the child as a self-initiated, independent and capable individual learner. Unlike traditional educational approaches, our teachers are able to reach every learner in their class by respecting their individual learning process. Our classroom teachers are trained to learn alongside their students. Children at KLA Schools grow and learn with educators as their partners in the exploratory process. Statistics show that “Children whose preschool experience was child initiated faired better than peers in the transition from primary to the later elementary school grades.” – Rebecca A. Marcon.
Children who attend Reggio Emilia inspired schools are also known to become independent lifelong learners. Inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach to early childhood education, we teach children to learn not just for school, but for life!
Inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach to early childhood education, we place great importance in the growth of our professionals. From franchise support staff to classroom teachers, we invest in the professional development of all of our team members.
Professional Development Investment
- KLA Schools is a member of NAREA (North American Reggio Emilia Alliance), collaborating and participating in yearly conferences
- We host guest speakers from related professional fields as well as professionals from Reggio Emilia, Italy to train our staff
- Each school maintains professional development schedules supported by our pedagogical coordinators through the year
- Staff members are sent to a variety of conferences across America as well as to Reggio Emilia, Italy for hands on training
- We are pursuing AdvancED Accreditation for our corporation and schools
- KLA Schools Pedagogical Team has more than 70 years of combined experience