KLA Schools is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach to early childhood education which emphasizes hands on discovery learning.Our schools set the stage for children to use their senses as developmental domains to learn, while also valuing the child as a self-initiated, independent and capableindividual learner. Unlike traditional educational approaches, our teachers are able to reach every learner in their class by respecting their individual learning process. Our classroom teachers are trained to learn alongside their students. Children at KLA Schools grow and learn with educators as their partners in the exploratory process. Statistics show that “Children whose preschool experience was child initiated faired better than peers in the transition from primary to the later elementary school grades.”* Children who attend Reggio Emilia inspired schools are also known to become independent lifelong learners. Inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach to earlychildhood education, we teach children to learn not just for school, but for life!
Inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach, we place great importance in the growth of our professionals. From franchise support staff to classroom teachers, we invest in the professional development of all of our team members.
Professional Development Investment
- KLA Schools is a member of NAREA (North American Reggio Emilia Alliance), collaborating and participating in yearly conferences
- We host guest speakers from related professional fields as well as professionals from Reggio Emilia, Italy to train our staff
- Each school maintains professional development schedules supported by our pedagogical coordinators through the year
- Staff members are sent to a variety of conferences across America as well as to Reggio Emilia, Italy for hands on training
- We are pursuing AdvancEDAccreditation for our corporation and schools
- KLA Schools Pedagogical Team has more than 70 years of combined experience
*Rebecca A. Marcon, Ph.D., Journal of Early Childhood Research and Practice
Philosophy and Professional Development Investment
KLA Schools is inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach to early childhood education which emphasizes hands on discovery learning that allows the child to use all their senses and all their languages to learn, while also valuing the child as a self-initiated/independent and capable individual. Unlike traditional learning methods, our teachers are able to reach every learner in their classroom by respecting their individual learning process. Our classroom teachers are trained to work alongside their students as a partner in their learning versus directing the learning as the leader in the classroom of how he/she sees fit. Statistics show that“Children who’s preschool experience was child initiated faired better than peers in the transition from the primary to the later elementary school grades”.Children who attend Reggio Emilia inspired schools are also known to become in dependent lifelong learners. Click here to learn more about the Reggio Emilia Approach to Early Childhood Education.
Being Reggio Emilia inspired, we have a high importance for the continued investment of the Professional Development of our staff. KLA Schools invests in the following ways:
- KLA Schools is part of NAREA (The North American Reggio Emilia Alliance) and participates in all of their training conferences each year
- KLA brings guest speakers from Reggio Emilia Italy to our schools for training
- Each school maintains professional development schedules of in house training that is done on a regular basis throughout the year
- Small groups of staff are sent to Reggio Emilia for additional hands on training.
- KLA Schools is also in the process of pursuing the Advanced Accreditation for all schools
- KLA Schools Pedagogical team has more than 70 years of combined experience